12 ounces of Velveeta Cheese diced into small cubes
2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese (Reserve 1 cup for topping)
1 cup of shredded gruyere cheese
2 cans of evaporated milk
1 cup of half n half
2 tbs of Flavor Crank’s All purpose seasoning
2 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon of hot sauce
1 teaspoon of Nutmeg (optional)
3 tbs of butter (reserve 1 tbs for casserole dish)
1. Place a large pot of salted water over a high flame and bring to a boil. Add your elbow macaroni and stir so the macaroni does not stick together. Stir a few times…you know how to cook pasta (do your thang). When pasta is aldente, remove and strain. Place back in empty pot and add remaining butter and carefully stir to coat pasta. Allow to cool until cheese sauce is ready.
2. In a medium size pot over a medium flame, add half of the butter and the minced garlic cloves. Cook until garlic begins to brown slightly. Immediately add the milk, half n half and soup. Allow to come to a boil for only a few seconds while constantly stirring. Add the seasonings and hot sauce and stir until nicely incorporated.
3. Turn off the flame and add the shredded gruyere and cheddar cheeses. Stir until all of thecheese has melted. Reserve 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
4. In a large Pyrex, casserole or baking dish, butter the sides and bottom.
5. Add the cheese sauce to the macaroni and mix. Pour macaroni and cheese sauce into the baking dish. Add the Velveeta cubes on top andpush down into the pasta with a spoon or fork or you can stir to mix. Add the remainder of the shredded cheese on top and cover dish loosely with aluminum foil. Allow to bake in a 375 degree preheated oven for about ten minutes. After baking, you can remove the aluminum foil and allow to bake uncovered to brown cheese on top if desired. However it may dry your mac n cheese out a little unless you do it at a high heat or use a torch to brown the cheese. DONE.